Diva.Exchange 2023 Results: A Year of Growth and Innovation
In the rapidly evolving world of cryptocurrencies and decentralized finance, diva.exchange is one of the scientific cornerstones offering users know-how, critical thinking, and a compass within the areas of “privacy”, “crypto and blockchain”, “trading” and “decentralized finance”. As we look ahead to 2024, let’s take a look at the significant achievements and results that have defined diva.exchange over the past year.
In the dynamic world of blockchain technology, it’s important to keep up with the times. In 2023, diva.exchange has made significant strides in technological achievements. So, the technologies that are used in the creation of the DIVA project:
Development of its blockchain algorithm “divachain”. The DIVA software uses a specialized blockchain “divachain” that is publicly available. This blockchain uses a variant of the so-called “Byzantine Fault Tolerance” as its consensus algorithm. This consensus algorithm is reliable and energy efficient.
In addition, the development of an improved “stake” algorithm was initiated specifically to solve the trust problem in “divachain“. “Stake” can be translated as “interest in something”. Participants in the system gain a “stake” by actively participating in the whole system. The more constructive technical efforts an individual system participant contributes (e.g., by keeping his node in working condition), the larger the “stake” he receives. The “stake” algorithm is part of the divachain source code, and of course, every change to the “stake” is stored on the blockchain.
- Using Proof-of-Stake as a cryptocurrency consensus mechanism to process transactions and create new blocks on the blockchain. Proof-of-Stake has obvious strengths. First, it is more energy efficient, than Proof-of-Work. In Proof-of-Stake, validators do not need to solve complex mathematical puzzles, which means they do not require specialized hardware or consume a significant amount of energy.
- Second, Proof-of-Stake is more decentralized than Proof-of-Work. In PoS, miners with the most processing power have the greatest chance of adding a new block to the chain, which leads to centralization.
There is an important aspect that distinguishes divachain (the DIVA blockchain) from Ethereum, which also uses the PoS mechanism. Divachain is not an elitist protocol as it does not require 32 expensive units of digital currency to create a node. Thus, the diva.exchange network is not only truly distributed, but also publicly available!
- Using the I2P network. Local DIVA nodes are connected by a network and exchange data through it. The network is fully anonymized and traffic gets repeatedly encrypted. This network has been given the common name “I2P”. An I2P network uses end-to-end encryption: data transmitted over the network is repeatedly encrypted at the source and finally decrypted only at the destination. As the data passes through each node along the route, each node removes one layer of encryption, and only the destination node can decrypt the data sent by the source.
This ensures the highest level of network security and anonymity to date.
Partnerships and collaborations
2023 was marked by diva.exchange’s participation and presentation of its results in the scientific community and at key industry conferences.
- A joint research project with the University of Applied Science Lucerne, launched in September 2023. The project further explores the functionality of the I2P network: building a stable fully distributed network and its potential use for the DIVA project.
- This is not the first time diva.exchange has undertaken such a collaboration. In 2022, a lecture series on the process of creating the DIVA project was realized at HSLU.
The results of the ongoing work were presented by diva.exchange at key thematic concerts:
Relationship to Social Mechanisms
The diva.exchange association attaches importance to the social responsibility of business and the ethics of digital products. The association’s development strategy for 2023 and beyond includes:
- Supporting the green economy. Proof-of-stake technology, unlike the very energy-intensive Proof-of-Work mining, is energy-efficient and does not require a large amount of expensive equipment; link
- Realization of the principle of equal access to the network diva.exchange. Bitcoin mining requires complex equipment and a huge amount of electricity; Ethereum mining allows you to “join the club” only if you have 32 ETH, which is at the time of writing more than 70 thousand dollars. link
The year 2023 was a year of challenges for diva.exchange, but also of technological achievements and strategic partnerships. The cryptocurrency community and free internet enthusiasts are looking forward to the next chapter in the journey of the diva.exchange association.
THIS IS DIVA.EXCHANGE
The non-profit association diva.exchange, Switzerland, uses a barrier-free and collaborative approach to create free banking technology for everyone. Open-source technology ensures the privacy of all participants in the financial system of the future. The blockchain-based system is fully distributed. Everyone can participate in diva.exchange.
Diva.exchange is committed to the belief that only commercially free technology can reliably protect user privacy.
Collaboration with the scientific community plays an important role in the development of diva.exchange. The results of diva.exchange research are constantly being validated by academic institutions and publicly presented at specialized conferences.
LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR WORK
All technical information is available at: https://github.com/diva-exchange/
I2P beginner’s guide and installation guide:https://www.diva.exchange/en/privacy/introduction-to-i2p-your-own-internet-secure-private-and-free/
All videos are here: https://firstname.lastname@example.org:d/
Introduction to I2P: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I2P
Testnet of diva.exchange: https://testnet.diva.exchange
If you still have questions you can always find us on Telegram: https://t.me/diva_exchange_chat_de (in English, German, or Russian)